Re: Oil coolers and rocker feeders

To: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Subject: Re: Oil coolers and rocker feeders
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:48:09 -0400
I'm not using an rocker oil feed kit, but...

I've heard from a couple of people that rocker-oil feed pipes tend to
rob oil from the areas that rely on it's lubrication even more...the
main bearings. And have another bad quality of making the oil even
more foamy than it already is from the oil pump (it aerates the oil
even more).

I was watching hot-rod magazine when they put a sump pan on that had a
tray that from my recollection had a mesh to it (like a siv) that supposedly
kept aeration in the oil to a minimum.

Would something like that work on a spitfire oil pan? One of the performance
upgrades was to increase the depth of the oil pan and put in a "curved" oil
pump. I've wondered if that would give room for such an item. (Ted?)

-Terry