Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 16:25:35 -0700
> But the cost difference between $2.69 a gallon, and $3.00 a gallon
> (current gas prices by me,) if you drive 16k miles in a year
> and you get
> 25 MPG, then it will only cost you $198.4 dollars A YEAR more for the
> premium.

Unless of course, using premium means you actually use less fuel for the
same distance.  Pretty much all modern cars use a knock sensor to measure
fuel octane, and advance the spark accordingly.  More octane means more
advance which usually means better fuel mileage.

Even my 1970 Audi got better fuel mileage on premium, though I never could
explain why.

Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums