Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos

To: <gwishon@nd.edu>, Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos
From: Dan Kroninger <d_kroninger@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:54:11 -0500
The "P.S." part is interesting.  Prolonged boost would only occur from
aggressive highway driving or street racing, correct.  Normal usuage around
town or highway cruising would not cause the the turbo to be running high
boost levels.  Am I correct in this thinking?  I don't want to have to sit in
a parking lot with the engine running for a few minutes everytime I drive the
car.  As I understood, the boost only kicks in as needed (aggressive
accelleration).

Dan

> From: gwishon@nd.edu
> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:19:00 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos
>
> What has been said here about turbo'd engines running at higher effective
> compression ratios (when on-boost) being at risk of detonation is correct.
> have owned turbo'd cars for a number of years now (currently a '98 TT
Supra),