Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Premium for Turbos
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 15:37:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Eric Murray wrote:
> Most turbo cars require premium.  Turbocharging puts a lot of heat and
> pressure in the engine and that can cause detonation.  That will blow
> up a turbocharged engine real quick.

    Luckily it's a Subaru, so he can run regular gas without it blowing up
any sooner than it otherwise would've ;)

    Both my Subarus ( 2000 Legacy and 2003 WRX ) blew their headgaskets
before 60,000 miles, and I'm not nearly alone.  Something like half of
that generation Legacy production with the EJ25 suffered a blown HG inside
80k.  At least Subaru warranted that one... the WRX (EJ20T) they just
disowned, and dared me to sue them.

--
  David Hillman

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums