Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot

To: "'Shop-Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:27:10 -0800
> anybody make note of the lumens for the incandescent vs CFL
> comparison in brightness?

Only the rated value; I don't have any way to measure actual lumens.

GE Soft White 100w rated 1690 lumens
ACE Standard 100w rated 1710 lumens
FEIT 23w dimmable CFL rated 1600 lumens

But I don't put a lot of faith in those numbers.  If I recall correctly, the
lumen does not take into account the response of the human eye.  Checking
online just now, I couldn't even find a bandwidth definition, only a single
frequency.  Much like "hp" of an air compressor, that leaves a lot of wiggle
room.

Randall