Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot

To: Ahealey Ahealey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:08:58 -0800
> We didn't replace the four spotlights in the kitchen because, at the
> time, the fluorescent replacements for those bulbs were really
> expensive.  I should do some shopping and see if the prices have come
> down a bit.

Costco yesterday had "65w equivalent" reflector fluorescents.  The
"dimmable" ones were $20/3 pack; while I think the non-dimmable were about
$18/6 pack.

Sorry, I've forgotten the brand already, but I think it was FEIT.  The
non-dimmable ones also had a note about being OK in hot locations.

Didn't buy any, although I do have one fixture in the hall that would
probably work better with a reflector bulb.

But we did pick up a Garmin GPS with free traffic updates for $250.
Marginally cheaper on-line, but Costco has a 90 day return policy with no
restocking charge.  The wife gets lost easily on detours, and the freeway
she drives almost every day is being torn up for repairs/improvements so big
traffic jams are common.  Having the GPS figure quickest route based on
current traffic should be worth it just in frustration and missed
appointments. YMMV

Randall