Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot

To: "Mullen, J T (IT)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:49:26 -0500
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Mullen, J T (IT) <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com> wrote:

> One problem I have with CFLs is the base.  I have a garage door opener
> with sockets for a light bulb on each side.  I'd like to put CFLs in
> them, but the socket has a tappered opening that confirms to a normal
> bulb - the CFLs won't screw into them and make contact.

That's not a problem with CFLs.  The problem here is that the person
who designed the socket is a moron.  I wouldn't have thought you could
screw up something as well defined as an edison screw base, but I
guess I've underestimated the morons they let design stuff.  Yet
again.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com