Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot

To: "'Shop-Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 14:23:39 -0800
> Will these work with any dimmer or does it require a special type?

AFAIK, will work with any dimmer.  Certainly nothing on the box about any
required dimmer, and there is nothing special about the dimmers I have tried
them with.

> I have finally found some CFLs I like but it seems that what
> they rate as equivalent of a 100 watt doesn't produce the
> same light in the room as a 100w incandescent.

It does seem like they tend to cheat.  Should have mentioned, the ones I got
are rated at 23 watts.  And to my eye they are a bit brighter than my
existing 100 watt bulbs (tho the existing bulbs are not new and their light
output does decrease with time).  The light seems harsher, though, which
might bother some people.

Randall