Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Wireless router (again)?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Wireless router (again)?
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:50:38 -0500
dd-wrt.com is the site

read everything before you try, make sure your router is compatible too

The only downside is that boosting the range is illegal, may cause harm from
the increased power of the radio waves, and might shorten the life of the
router.  I would experiment with increasing a little at a time.  Or get a
repeater.

Also experiment with placement, usually higher is better (2nd floor over 1st
floor) or orienting the antenna(s) so that they direct the signal to the areas
you need coverage.

could also be you just need to change the channel the router uses to something
else different to avoid interference with say a neighbors network, or other
radio-emitting device.

-PJ