Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Wireless router (again)?

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Wireless router (again)?
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:35:56 -0600
While DD-WRT is great, it isn't everything it appears to be. I've
installed DD-WRT on several WRT54g routers and tested as many of the
settings as I have need for. I have not been able to turn up the power
on a WRT54g using DD-WRT past the Linksys stated output power, even
though the menu lets you change the value. You can, however, turn it
down. I think the setting is generic and allows you to set the output
power up to whatever the max for each particular router model it is
loaded on.

I've also found that the earlier WRT54g routers (version 4 and below)
ware more reliable than the higher revision units. Having said that,
It does, however, void the warranty and I have not found any way to
reinstall Linksys's software.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Mark Andy:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001