Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Wireless router (again)?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Wireless router (again)?
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:33:06 -0500
OpenWRT I've heard is another good one, there are others as well.

There are guys on Ebay selling older WRTs with and without the firmware
already installed.  The older ones also  came with more internal memory and
may be better quality.

I have a v.4 and have had no problems.  I have the VPN firmware which allows
me to tunnel into my router from other locations using OpenVPN.

My next one will be the new Linksys router with a USB port so that you can
attach external drives for file sharing on the network (like a NAS device) or
run a 3rd party firmware and install a bunch of applications on the usb drive,
since they run Linux.

PJ