Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Wireless router (again)?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Wireless router (again)?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:42:53 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, PJ McGarvey wrote:
> I will also recommend the WRT54g, but I don't run the Linksys firmware,
> 3rd party DD-WRT firmware for me.  He's my firewall and is pretty
> stable.  Nice thing is you an boost the signal range (if you dare) as
> well as many other cool things.

Boost the signal range... Really?

I've got a wrt54g and the location its in doesn't cover the whole house
very well.  I've heard about the different firmware's available, but never
heard that you could boost the signal with them...

Can you tell me/us some more info on where to find the firewall firmware?

Thanks!

Mark