Re: speed control

To: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Subject: Re: speed control
From: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 22:45:21 -0600
At 7:26 AM -0600 1/20/98, Dave Williams wrote:
>-> It gets worse. You also need a DC motor that will run about $400 for
>-> 1hp. The prices in Grainger's are, unfortunately, hard to beat.
>
> How is it I can buy a 3/4hp variable speed drill for $75?  I know the
>power is overrated and the service factor stinks, but I don't understand
>what makes one type of application cost so much more than another.

How many prople buy them?  A replacement body panel on a Chevy can cost
more than a whole refrigerator.

Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>    Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
1970 Lotus 65 Europa S2 "Grace N. Violence"    A Street Prepared
1987 Volkswagen Quantum Syncro "The Schwartz"  H Stock
1987 Volkswagen Quantum Syncro "Radio Flyer"   Not if I value my fingers
1986 Chevrolet Suburban "The Bourbon"          When only huge will do