Re: speed control

To: hamilton@cast.navnet.net
Subject: Re: speed control
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:05:43 -0500
     Sounds like a snowmobile's centrifugal clutch, but if so the pulley
     ratios change as the engine speed changes, so back to square one, how
     to vary the engine speed.

     Jim Wallace

Author:  Non-HP-hamilton (hamilton@cast.navnet.net) at HP-USA,mimegw5
Date:    22/01/98 6:54 AM

Listers,

        Look for an old Dutch car called the DAF that used this variable pulley
in
its drive train instead of a gearbox!

Later,
Bob

At 08:36 AM 1/21/1998 -0500, you wrote:

>-> Are you familiar with the variable pulley like used on ShopSmith
>-> machines? The front panel knob moves the pully sides apart and
>-> together, changing speed. Perhaps you can find a used head or just
>-> order a pully.
>
> That's a possibility if I can't go the motor route.

Robert A.C. Hamilton, P.O. Box 202, Waverley, Nova Scotia, B0N 2S0
Home Page: http://www.navnet.net/~hamilton/index.htm
E-Mail: hamilton@cast.navnet.net
Tel: 902-861-3277  Fax: 902-861-1361