Re: speed control

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: speed control
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 15:51:00 -0500
-> Do you need to vary the speed "live", or do you just want to change
-> it once in a while? If the latter, you could use stepped pulleys as
-> is done for a drill press.

 I'll be using stepped pulleys to drop the speed down anyway, but the
speed control needs to be 'live'.  I don't need a whole lot of range
with the speed control, but you have to adjust the speed a bit to
compensate for the load reduction as the stones cut.  They only like to
operate across a very narrow speed range; too slow means it takes all
day to remove any metal, too fast means the stones load up and don't cut
any more.