Re: Toxicity, was RE: Flash Points

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Subject: Re: Toxicity, was RE: Flash Points
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@cast.navnet.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 22:39:11 -0400
Listers,

        MSDS can be found on the WWW - do a search using Alta Vista or one of
the
search engines and you will come up with many locations where these are
available for any product. Try looking at the MSDS for the Brake Clean
product we all use so much - its main ingredient is Trichloreythelene as
used in dry cleaning. I don't know why I'm still alive!  ;-)

Later,
Bob

At 05:15 PM 1/20/1998 -0800, you wrote:
>Chris Meier wrote:
>>
>> If anyone has some numbers/whatever on the relative
>> toxicity of each solvent, I'd be interested in seeing it.
>
>Probably the only way to get complete information on both physical
>characteristics and toxicity is to write the customer service department
>of the manufacturer of the product and request the MSDS (Material Safety
>Data Sheet) for that product. That is a comprehensive listing of know
>health effects, pertinent physical properties such as vapor pressure,
>specific gravity and flash point.
>
>I believe, by law, the manufacturer must provide the product MSDS upon
>request.
>
>Cheers.
>
>--
>My other Triumph runs, but....

Robert A.C. Hamilton, P.O. Box 202, Waverley, Nova Scotia, B0N 2S0
Home Page: http://www.navnet.net/~hamilton/index.htm
E-Mail: hamilton@cast.navnet.net
Tel: 902-861-3277  Fax: 902-861-1361