RE: K3 Fakes Price of everything - Value of nothing

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>
Subject: RE: K3 Fakes Price of everything - Value of nothing
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:02:50 -0600
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
> So what is the opinion of you all when some takes a say NA four seater
and
> puts a two seater body on it?  Is it then a fake....or removes the
factory
> supplied body and puts on a pointed tail single seat body as many did
in the
> 30's.......??  Does that mean that these cars are now fakes?

No, by the Triple-M definition, this would be a (small "r") replica.
However, since the car was originally available as 2-seater, I would
simply add a note that the car was originally a tourer and had been
rebosied as a 2-seater.

I know of Airline Coupe's that, believe it or not, someone has rebodied
as a special or a 2-seater.

Regards,
Lew Palmer