Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay

To: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>, CalSpeed@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Mystery Roadster back on eBay
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:05:07 -0700 (PDT)
I hope Roman and Calspeed have missed the point.  This car is being
misrepresented by the seller, who KNOWS he doesn't have the legal
paperwork necessary to sell/register the car.

If it was being parted out, that'd be one thing.  But most likely this
will make a fun driver, and the cloudy title should be resolved NOW
before it is sold, so it can be done in good conscience.  Or at a
minimum it should be made clear to any buyer that there is no title for
this car.

Instead, he shows a picture of the wrong title in the auction.  Look at
the other car auctions on eBay - how many of them have a pic of the
title?  I think the seller is intentionally misrepresenting the car.

He also says in large black text that he doesn't want to hear from
anyone pointing this out.  This is the "plug your ears, lalala I can't
hear you" approach.

--- Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- CalSpeed@aol.com wrote:
> > In a message dated 10/16/01 2:26:27 PM !!!First Boot!!!,
> > ambradley@yahoo.com
> > writes:
> >
> > <<
> <http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=596816938>
> >
> >  I think the seller/owner has some serious 'splanin to do.  Should
> >  contact eBay with my concerns?  >>
> >
> > I really wouldnt worry too much about it.  It is just nice to see
> > another
> > Roadster get on the road.  It is better to have a "pieced together"
> > Roadster
> > on the road then one rotting away in a backyard.  Most of us on the
> > list have
> > started off with a terrible Roadster and then either did a full
> > rebuild or
> > moved on to a better example.
>
> I agree with Cal, 100%!
> At the risk of flames, I say let's not get all high and mighty about
> this car. I dont think the seller should get condemmed for selling a
> "non-matching" numbers car. It is a roadster and will make someone
> Very
> Happy to own it and experience the pleasure of running through the
> gears on a sunny day.
> Let's not get all snobbish.
>
> My .02
> Roman