Re: Fin's on a roadster??

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>, <lescan@nctimes.net>
Subject: Re: Fin's on a roadster??
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:48:13 -0800
flames and fins, it can be done ,  I'd say about 6000.00 should get the job
done.

what you   need is two pieces of  14 gauge sheet metal cut to fit and follow
the curve of the , existing fin , weld them on to the each edge of the flat
surface of the original fin, the that a 3/8" tubing and weld that where the
two pieces meet at the top, that will gave you a nice smooth round edge at
the top of the fins.  I'd have them stick up about 12 " at the rear, get
some old caddie tail lights and mold them in at the rear.  next find some
crushed velvet, to match the flame color for the interior. then you will
have to go to a 70s retro shop and find a white suit and a wide rim hat to
go with it, get some of those  platform shoes while your at it also. :-)

Mike Kerr
Roadster Restoration
3730 Todrob LN.
Placerville CA. 95667