Road Rage

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Road Rage
From: "Richard B. Chianese" <Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:24:26 -0400
Mercedes Benz has an option in Europe that uses a distance detecting
device to slow their big sedans while under cruise control without the
intervention of the driver.  Before they can bring it to the US, they
need to redesign the system.  It seems that US drivers tend to pull up
much closer to the car in front than European drivers.  We sure are in a
big hurry!

Keep in mind that when you are out in the roadster, you are probably the
smallest vehicle on the road with four wheels.  Whether or not the
roadster weighs 2000 pounds depends on the size of the driver and the
quantity of fuel in the gas tank.  The object is to have fun and be
safe; let the fast guys go by and use the power and handling to break
away from the pack when the coast is clear.  Life is wonderful and
already way too short (So many women, .....) to loose the remainder of
yours in a highway accident.

I had a heart attack back in March of 1992; it should not have happened,
but it did anyway.  Believe me, life is great and you should enjoy every
single day.  Smell the roses, look at the pretty women, watch the world
around you and relax.  Don't ever let the day-to-day pressure or some
moron on the highway detract from your pleasure.  Pull over and let them
go.  I have even pulled into fast food parking lots to let people go
by.  (Especially SUVs that show up in my mirror and all I can see is tie
rod ends and steering gear.)

Life is a journey; enjoy the ride.

Rick Chianese
SRL311-14035