Re: Overwhelming mail load

To: RUMPFJ@MET01.FERRIS.EDU (Jim Rumpf)
Subject: Re: Overwhelming mail load
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 15:35:43 MDT
I have seen lots of request from people asking to be removed.  I
personally think this is sad even though it will reduce the load.

I use the subject line to quickly identify if I am interested in the
message.  If the subject line is blank I automatically delete.  If the
subject line is Re: Digest, I automatically delete.  If the subject line
doesn't make sense, I automatically delete.  If the subject line is
uninteresting, I automatically delete.  This leaves me with about 5
threads of interest for the day (20 messages).  This of couse means I
run the risk of missing something (Oh well).

I have also set up a seperate mail adress for the british car list.
That way it is not intermixed with my work related mail.  If I can't
read my mail for several days I can purge by date to catch up.

Sorry to those of you who may have sent messages that I didn't read.
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley

britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com