Re: Overwhelming mail load

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overwhelming mail load
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 94 00:45:00 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Re: Overwhelming mail load) File(APR29943.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 04-29-1994 .. 00:29:53

>Date:  Thu, 28 Apr 1994 11:27:06 PDT
>From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
>Subject: Re: Overwhelming mail load
>
>I'd suggest you ask Mark to switch you to the daily digest; you'll get one
>message a day you can read all at once.
>
>Speaking for myself, while I don't own an MG and never have, (I have a TR6 and
>a Mk VI Bentley, and have owned a Sprite and a Rover P5) I find the
>discussions of MG issues very interesting.  While SPECIFIC details are useless
>to me, the GENERAL aspects are incredibly useful.  For instance, a message on
>how to trace a fault in an MGB tail light circuit is useful to ANY car owner,
>especially ones who owe allegiance to Lucas.

Your right TerriANn, my TR3 has been running like $&*# for the last
few months espesially in stop and go traffic. I've been looking all
over the ignition for the problem even replaced the battery then
last week an MG post gave me a clue. Someone had put an electric
fuel pump on a B and was haveing fuel pressure problems. Onle look
down the throat of my rear carb and there it was GAS trickleing
in even with the engine OFF> Of course the car was flooding out
while it was RUNNING!   Now I know I need a fuel pressure regulator.
THANKS LIST!!!!

Now a question: It would seem that the higher pressure from an
electric fuel pump is too much for the neele valves in the
float chambers of the SU's. Would GROSS JETS be better at
shutting off the higher pressure fuel or should I get a
regulator???

  Louis A. Poche'                 ! Loyola University
  Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu ! Department Of Communications
  CompuServe:   73007,1521        ! New Orleans, LA
  Amateur Radio: KD5XE

"Nothing is as real as reality!" Lee Hart

The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!