Re: Overwhelming mail load

To: " Jim Rumpf " <RUMPFJ@met01.ferris.edu>
Subject: Re: Overwhelming mail load
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 11:27:06 PDT
In message <1962D317C3B@MET01.FERRIS.EDU> you write:
>I'm new to the list and am getting swamped by the sheer volume of SOL
>communications.  I have a 77 MGB (owned it five years, never driven
>it yet) and am particularly interested in discussions, tips, etc. on
>it and others like it.  Not that I don't enjoy some of your
>discussions on Spits, etc., but is there a way to filter out the less
>(immediately) important stuff?  Or is there just a list for MG's?

I'd suggest you ask Mark to switch you to the daily digest; you'll get one
message a day you can read all at once.

Speaking for myself, while I don't own an MG and never have, (I have a TR6 and
a Mk VI Bentley, and have owned a Sprite and a Rover P5) I find the
discussions of MG issues very interesting.  While SPECIFIC details are useless
to me, the GENERAL aspects are incredibly useful.  For instance, a message on
how to trace a fault in an MGB tail light circuit is useful to ANY car owner,
especially ones who owe allegiance to Lucas.

I'd hate to see the list break up like Yugoslavia into small independent
"ethnically cleansed" sublists and miss all the useful stuff.  I mean, the
Bentley list would have only three members!  (well, maybe 4 or 5 if we allowed
Rolls Royce weenies in :-)

  --berry