Weld-thru coatings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Weld-thru coatings
From: keith@anolis.bnr.usu.edu (Keith Mott)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 15:20:06 -0600
Hmmmm..... there seems to be some difference of opinion between Ray
Gibbons and Mike Habich about the value of weld-thru coatings.  Ray, is
it possible that you used the $6.50 stuff from Eastwood?   Regardless,
it SOUNDS like a good idea, so I am now in search of the expensive stuff
to try it for myself.

Thanks to TerriAnn and Ray, I'll be drilling drain holes in both my 65
and 59 Sprites and buying some waxoyl.  I do hate putting holes in new
panels though.

Its great to be back to work on my cars; I've spent the last 1.5 years
restoring an old house and haven't had the time, space, or money for
my playthings.  I can, however, assure you that Shipwright's disease
is not limited to old cars! (while we've got this wall out, maybe we should
replace that plumbing; and while we're replacing that plumbing...)

                    Keith