Re: paint

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: paint
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Industrial Engineering, 5-9521, 237-2322, RNB 2nd floor, pole C-6"
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1991 13:00 PST
TeriAnn asks-
Now for the question:
I keep hearing bits about new types of paint.  Are there any newer better
options
that will allow me the ability to sand out runs & make easy patches to finished
paint jobs????

And I say-
     I've been prepping & painting my own cars since it was
     my "real" job 8yrs. ago, and the best things I've seen
     to come along in awhile are K-200 catalysed primer and
     PPG Deltron catalysed polyurethane paint. Neither are
     the cheapest products you can buy, but both give
     superior results for what you are looking for. K-200
     fills in better than any primer I've ever used, and
     leaves enough working material (in one or two
     applications) to block your panels *very* straight.
     Deltron is about as easy to shoot as any other enamels,
     but as far as coverage, finish, & shine, has
     outstanding results. And provided you don't choose a
     metallic, you can color sand out runs/orange peel
     relatively easy (and relatively soon after shooting),
     for a truly flawless paint job.

          dstone says check it out.