RE>PAINT

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE>PAINT
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 20 Dec 91 14:46:25
        Reply to:   RE>PAINT
Dennis Wilson writes:

My old girlfriends father was a painter and decorator in UK.  He painted her
old
boyfriends mini with good Dulux gloss and his paint brush.

**** We had a family friend who did just that too!  He was an auto wrecker, and
ran a yard in San Francisco.  He never bought a new car, just slapped plates on
whatever happened to be running, and drove it around.  At any rate, for a while
he was driving around this old early-sixties-vintage Chevy.    Some neighbor
took umbrage at the appearance of the car, and left a note on it that he'd
better lose that eyesore or get it painted, or they'd call the cops *.   So he
got out some enamel and a paintbrush, and painted the car robin's-egg blue,
except for the chrome trim, which he painted yellow :-).

   - Jerry

*  At that time our neighborhood was being overrun with people my mother called
"Boybees".  These people were very fussy about appearances.  You could always
tell which house they bought, because of the new two-tone paint jobs, with
contrasting trim.