Re: Paint

To: passaretti@crd.GE.COM
Subject: Re: Paint
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 91 08:23:49 pst
> and they don't have a silver that's anywhere near as grey as the wheels
> should be.  I'm bringing them my spare wheel for an example, but I don't
> know how close to the original color it is after all these years.
> Maybe all the examples I've seen have aged???

Moss sells wire wheel paint which I assume more or less matches the
original silver.  Yes, I suspect your right about the color changing
with age.  The 27+ years old original paint on my wires has a gold tinge
to it which I suspect is due to sun bleaching.  It certainly isn't same
shade of silver I've seen on newer Dunlop wires.