Paint

To: mrmike@fasun0.ge.com
Subject: Paint
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 91 08:16:46 CST
I was told that Ford makes a silver wheel paint (Argent color) which
is either the exact same or looks the same.  I have the number somewhere.
The local dealer parts counter will have it.  The advantage of the wheel
paint is its designed to absorb punishment...  On the 2nd TR6, I just
taped around the outer rim, sanded where it shows, used paint-prep
solvent (likely this stuff causes cancer), and shot 3 coats with a
spray can.  Note that only a small area shows anyway.

May I recommend having the tires mounted like on "wire wheels", if
the place doesn't know what you mean, go elsewhere, i.e. DON'T
let them place these wheels on the press style tire changer, they'll
bend the wheels due to the offset and weak metal, OR at least have
them check for run-out PRIOR to mounting and a signed statement to
pay for new ones (which don't exist).

You are holding in your hands, likely the most valuable portion of
the TR6... hummmmmm..............

ON SECOND THOUGHT, SEND YOUR WHEELS DOWN TO ME AND I'LL PAINT THEM
FOR YOU AND RETURN THEM (I'M REALLY INTO THIS WHEEL PAINTING...),
NO CHARGE, I'LL EVEN FED-EX THEM BACK... HOW ABOUT GOLD PLATED...
TRUST ME.

Roger

(Owner of 12 TR6 wheels, 7 straight...)

The dash paint, etc. is "semi-flat" use Krylon, etc.  TRF has special
paint, but I can't tell the difference, maybe someone else knows exactly.