Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 Winter Slush Series-revised
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:30:12 PDT
> > In all seriousness, running cars closer together is the only > thing I
>can think of.

Running cars more closely than about 25 seconds is a net time loss because
there isn't time to reset cones, and/or the timing trailer
can't keep up and has to hold the start occasionally.

> > You could reduce red flags by gridding the cars in roughly the
> > same order that they finished in the previous event (faster
> > cars/drivers out first).  Or let people put themselves in >
>fast/medium/slow groups.  Sure, it would never be perfect, but > it would
>at least be better than a random order.
> >
> > -b

I don't understand what you're getting at here, Barry.  Can you expound?
IMAE, differences between fast/slow cars are usually
handled by the starter by changing the overlap point a bit.  Waiting a few
seconds to send a fast car after a slow one is offset by being able to start
a slow car quickly after a fast one.

KeS

http://profiles.msn.com.