Re: Three runs in Round 6?

To: Bay Autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Three runs in Round 6?
From: Travis Lane <gofastlane@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 03:03:39 -0700 (PDT)
I'd say that Derek nailed what's happening and to go one step further and
provide my solution.

Back in the day, I used to deliver pizza (30 minutes or less--PLEASE!...even
without the harness :) and hot pizza inside the car during a thunderstorm with
100% humidity in Maryland at night = no visibility so I needed a solution.

I tried Rain-X anit-fog first and it looks cool when the steam hits it, sort
of a translucent rainbow sorta thing goin' on there and did not fog, but wore
away quickly and left a haze/blur during the day.

So, I was wandering through a shop, Pep Boys, I think, and found a bottle of
"Newer Car Oily Film Remover" by 'the Wax Shop' (how specific a market were
they lookin' for :) and picked it up.  Much to my surprise, it worked.  It
took a few applications before the barrier was formed, but lo and behold,
happiness abounded, even when Armor All was used on the dash.

I've still got the same 5 year old bottle, but haven't needed it much.
Hmmmm...it just occurred to me that I've always had highest quality tinted
windows, which keeps most of the heat out, maybe it's the combination.  Well,
now I've got an E30 w/o tint and a bad "gas" problem, so I'll give it a shot
tomorrow.  Oh, if you get it, it's best when you apply to a cool surface.

Travis
I'll bring the bottle on Sunday if anyone wants to give it a try.