Re: Three runs in Round 6?

To: Phil Esra <philesra@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Three runs in Round 6?
From: Derek Butts <pnc1@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:34:16 -0700
Phil,

The film on your windshield is called plastic "gassing" where the heat from the
interior emits some sort of chemical from the dash and door panels that results
in a PITA film on the windshield.

Adding armour all and extreme heat all contribute to make the situation worse.
I recommend cleaning the surface of the dash and door panels thoroughly and use
a sunshade when parked in direct sunlight.  I am sure venting the sunroof will
also help.

Limiting my car's exposure to direct sunlight has significantly reduced the film
from my black MR2 (black/black car = lotsa film)

-Derek