Re: Three runs in Round 6?

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Three runs in Round 6?
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:19:23 -0700
In message <04a601bfca84$57c9ccc0$b023fea9@moutons.org>"Jerry Mouton" writes
>Well, folks, what was your impression of having only
>3 runs for Sunday's event?  I had fun, even with 3 runs, and
>there seemed  to be a lot less stress and pressure on
>people running the event.  258 and through pretty early.
>But of course, not time for any fun runs -- just time to breathe.

It sure seemed to go smoothly -- it wasn't until I did the math
("Let's see, 30 workers per run group, times eight run groups, wow!)
that I realized how many folks were actually there.  It may be that
Ben and Barry have a different take on it.  :-)

I was conveniently off-site getting some food during the whole oil
spill cleanup during the sixth (or maybe seventh?) run group.  It
sounded like it took 20 - 30 minutes to cleanup.  Without that, we
might have had time for one fun run per person, so at the next event
we can actually have fun runs, even with a large field...

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net