Re: track tips, was: mumble mumble, now: zero autox content

To: Larrybsp@aol.com, andrewmckee@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: track tips, was: mumble mumble, now: zero autox content
From: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 06:37:29 -0800 (PST)

--- Larrybsp@aol.com wrote:
>               As for a Miata being the equal to or
> better than a
> Corvette on a tight auto-x course I won't argue the
> point. On an
> auto-x course a Corvette cannot use its power at
> least I know I
> can't. On a road course the situation is reversed.
> The turns are
> much more open and there is room for me to use my
> power
> and acceleration off the corners. At Laguna Seca a
> Miata may
> go through turn two faster than a Corvette but once
> out of the
> turn the Corvette is all acceleration through turn
> three, a slight
> lift entering four, back on the throttle before the
> apex and shift
> into fourth before exiting the turn. I exit turn
> four at about 90-95
> mph and hit 108-110 before braking for five. I'd
> like to see the
> Miata that can do that.

I've talked to a few folks on the Miata list who say
that in a Miata, if you know what you're doing, you
can make it from the T2 exit all they way to T5
without getting off the gas.  Of course this could be
in part because a Miata has less than half the power
and about a third of the torque a Corvette has.

Scot
Do You Yahoo!?