Re: track tips, was: mumble mumble, now: zero autox content

To: andrewmckee@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: track tips, was: mumble mumble, now: zero autox content
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 02:29:02 EST
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

              Andy,
                 I know the feeling of terror from being on the other end
of the stick. At Thunderhill. One minute my mirrors were empty.
Next thing I know I look in the mirror and there are a Tide and
Allstate Batteries billboard 6" from my bumper going thru turn
two, a long left hand sweeper. They were two vintage Nascar
stock cars. Let me tell you to a Corvette a Nascar stocker is
like a minnow to whale. They both passed me on the inside
where I temporarily lost my hearing, 600+ HP will do that for
you, no restrictor plates.

              As for a Miata being the equal to or better than a
Corvette on a tight auto-x course I won't argue the point. On an
auto-x course a Corvette cannot use its power at least I know I
can't. On a road course the situation is reversed. The turns are
much more open and there is room for me to use my power
and acceleration off the corners. At Laguna Seca a Miata may
go through turn two faster than a Corvette but once out of the
turn the Corvette is all acceleration through turn three, a slight
lift entering four, back on the throttle before the apex and shift
into fourth before exiting the turn. I exit turn four at about 90-95
mph and hit 108-110 before braking for five. I'd like to see the
Miata that can do that.

Larry