Re: track tips, was: mumble mumble, now: zero autox content

To: aunguyen@cisco.com
Subject: Re: track tips, was: mumble mumble, now: zero autox content
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:50:43 EST
In a message dated 1/17/00 9:08:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
aunguyen@cisco.com writes:

 People in Porsches and Corvettes will be blowing by you on
 the straights like you're backing up.  Many of them will then stop
 and push their cars around the turns.  This is often due to their
 being on street tires,  but sometimes it's also because of the low
 quality nut holding the wheel.

                Au,

           Its obvious you haven't been paying attention at the track
when the Corvettes and Porsches run. Yes they'll blow by any Miata
on a straight away but quite a few with decent drivers on street tires,
Kumhos, will eat up a Miata in many corners. I've seen the look
of  terror on the drivers face when my behemoth Corvette is on the tail
of his micro rice burner. It's amazing how fast the arm directing which
side to pass on comes out. Miatas are nice toy cars but when you
take on the Corvette AND Porsche drivers you know your asking for it.

                                                                      Larry