Re: track tips, was: mumble mumble, now: zero autox content

To: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>, Larrybsp@aol.com, andrewmckee@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: track tips, was: mumble mumble, now: zero autox content
From: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 07:49:17 -0800 (PST)
The brave don't need to brake for T5 in a Miata, but
then you hit it at a much lower speed than a Vette.

A Miata is really, really slow compared to a Vette
around LS, or any track. Given equal drivers,a Miata's
just an embarassment, a moving cone in fact.

It does get to be fun when the drivers aren't equal.
In that case the Vette, Porsche, Ferrari guys might be
the ones who feel embarassed - but then you rapidly
realize that there is no glory (?) running against
rank novices.

Craig

--- Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Larrybsp@aol.com wrote:
> >               As for a Miata being the equal to or
> > better than a
> > Corvette on a tight auto-x course I won't argue
> the
> > point. On an
> > auto-x course a Corvette cannot use its power at
> > least I know I
> > can't. On a road course the situation is reversed.
> > The turns are
> > much more open and there is room for me to use my
> > power
> > and acceleration off the corners. At Laguna Seca a
> > Miata may
> > go through turn two faster than a Corvette but
> once
> > out of the
> > turn the Corvette is all acceleration through turn
> > three, a slight
> > lift entering four, back on the throttle before
> the
> > apex and shift
> > into fourth before exiting the turn. I exit turn
> > four at about 90-95
> > mph and hit 108-110 before braking for five. I'd
> > like to see the
> > Miata that can do that.
>
> I've talked to a few folks on the Miata list who say
> that in a Miata, if you know what you're doing, you
> can make it from the T2 exit all they way to T5
> without getting off the gas.  Of course this could
> be
> in part because a Miata has less than half the power
> and about a third of the torque a Corvette has.
>
> Scot
> Do You Yahoo!?

Do You Yahoo!?