Re: Is A Stock Soft

To: Robfalkner@aol.com, teamnet@hedlygoeke.com, tomsn16@bellsouth.net,
Subject: Re: Is A Stock Soft
From: Kenny Motonishi <kmotonishi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:01:59 -0700 (PDT)
>  how is this when the same car wins all the time,

  All the time except for last years Nationals. Andy
not only won it in a Boxster but he did it on his
first lap with stone-cold tires. Imagine that.
  At the Atwater National Tour last month, it's likely
Andy might have won that had he been driving Teresa's
Boxster.

>  the zo6 has done what you said it would, the 2000
> SS results
>
>  show 3 vettes (2 of them c-4) , 6 rx-7 and 1
> boxster S. this
>
>  class was going to grow as it was until the z-o6.

  SS also had the most participants of any other Stock
class with 54 entries, far surpassing most stock
classes. HS, on the other hand, with many different
type cars, had 12 entries.

>   yep but we still can't let a Ferrari run it has
> the potential
>
>   to dominate says the seb, so a big no no, but OK
> for other
>
>   Marques to have a dominating car.

  As long as the dominating car doesn't have a base
price of $137,000.

> the shocks were slower

  Please define slower.

  Rob, I feel for you dude. For the same reason the
SEB doesn't want a single $150,000 360 Modena beating
40 Z06s (which I don't figure would happen but one can
never simply assume), a $55,000 Boxster S shouldn't be
classed with a $32,840 S2000. It's called simple
Economics.
  Say, hypothetically, that the Boxster S gets classed
with the S2000 for a season. I'd guess there might be
3-4 Boxster S's against 30 S2000s. It's likely a
Boxster S, especially one in your hands could win it.
So what does that do in terms of participation for the
30 S2000 drivers who now feel they can't compete
against a car that costs far more than theirs?

     again just my .02

  ken motonishi
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com