Re: Time for a NEW SCCA logo

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>,
Subject: Re: Time for a NEW SCCA logo
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:56:37 -0800
> Regarding the SCCA logo, perhaps we should simply change the old "spoke"
> wheel design to a newer "alloy" style wheel.  Perhaps a simple "soft" 5
> spoke design.  You know, something old, something new.  NOBODY races on
> spoked wheels any more.  At least not any sane people which pretty much
> leaves out all the LBC fans.  ;^)
>
> Eric Linnhoff in KC

Not True!  We have a gentleman who runs a Morgan +4 in CalClub and usually
kicks butt in class.  Admittedly, much is due to superior driving skill.  I
used to compete against him with my SP 240Z and was usually 2nd by a second
or more.  We even traded cars during fun runs once and I was really amazed.
Flat seat, big steering wheel so close to the dash your knuckles would hit,
1-2" freeplay in steering and skinny tires on those spokes!  It's now a CS
car that he runs in our local indexed stock tire class.

Rick Brown
FP 240Z