Re: Time for a NEW SCCA logo

To: apozner@ptd.net
Subject: Re: Time for a NEW SCCA logo
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 04:10:45
"Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net> wrote:

><RantMode> I don't think we have to be as trendy as the AT+T
>globe or, God help us, the Verizon V (what the hell is Verizon?
>and what the hell is Cingular?) </RantMode>

Verizon Wireless is the mega-company that resulted from the
merger of Bell Atlantic Mobile, AirTouch Cellular, GTE Wireless,
PrimeCo Personal Communications and AirTouch Paging.  A year
or so earlier, Bell Atlantic Mobile aquired NYNEX Mobile, giving
them basically a complete cellular network from Virginia to
Maine.

Verizon itself is the mega-company that resulted from the merger
of Bell Atlantic's and GTE's ground-based telephone systems.
About a year earlier, Bell Atlantic and NYNEX merged, giving
them the local phone service in just about every major market
between Virginia and Maine.  Bell Atlantic and NYNEX were two
of the "baby Bells" created when the gob'ment split up AT&T
as a monopoly.

Cingular had me swinging from a rope for a few minutes, until
I checked out their web site.  They are the result of mergers
between SBC Wireless, BellSouth Mobility, Ameritech Wireless,
SNET Wireless, BellSouth Mobility DCS, BellSouth Wireless Data,
Cellular One, Houston Cellular, Southwestern Bell, Pacific Bell
and Nevada Bell.  I have to share this quote from the Cingular
web site:

          We believe that human expression, if given the
          chance, can change the world.

          Cingular Wireless is about you and your individual
          needs and the celebration of your own self
          expression. We are a wireless company determined
          to promote the individual to a new level and to
          create a personal relationship with each of our
          customers.

Tell me, Mr. Linnhoff, is the above quote the result of excessive
drug use in the 1960's by hippies that have risen to power, or
just a sign that the liberal democrats and their "feel good"
campaign for the past 8 years has the country brainwashed????? :-)

-Arthur ("Leaving for Fort Myers in less than 24 hours!" edition.)