Re: Time for a NEW SCCA logo

To: Joe Delio <justjoe13es@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Time for a NEW SCCA logo
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:33:20 -0600
If you're talking about the wire wheel logo, Joe, I don't think you're
going to see that change.  Previous attempts in that direction have
been met with MUCH opposition.

If, however, you're talking about the REST of the SCCA logo, a number
of changes have already been made in recent years.  Look at the change
from Solo II to Solo2.  Look at the last round of SCCA merchandise
(shirts, caps, etc.)  Look at the Speed Freakz program, which is
geared toward that NEWer, hipper crowd of which you speak.  Look at
the magazine ads we're running.

Just about everything that we're doing today is a far cry newer than
the stodgy old logo that was around when I joined the SCCA in 1985.

That doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement.  It just
means that most of our logos are already evolving into something newer
and fresher.  And, with Steve Johnson at the helm, I think we're going
to see even more evolution as we go along.  Why not ride it out and
see what happens?!?!?  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman