Re: Mounting Tire$

To: marka@telerama.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mounting Tire$
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:41:00 EST
In a message dated 2/6/01 10:06:33 AM Central Standard Time,
marka@telerama.com writes:

> Consider getting a tire machine of your own as well.  A new tire machine
> that'll handle big rims is $2k to $3k.  Its a lot of money, but you'll
> eventually get it back and its really nice to walk out to the garage and

I'd recommend a Coates rim clamp model as one of the lower costing
alternatives.  Been seriously considering it for years.  If you live in an
area with a lot of fellow autocrossers you can help offset the cost by
charging $5/wheel for hassle-free mounting to the solo community.  Somebody
needs to look at this in the Atlanta area if $25/wheel is the commercial
norm.  I've seen 4 year leases on the model above for $50/month; you can
easily justify that cost, but you also need either an air or increased
voltage source for the machine.

Mark