Re: Mounting Tire$

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mounting Tire$
From: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:45:28 -0500
Man!  I have to agree with Sipe!  Let's see, 10 bucks to take the tire off,
10 bucks to re-mount. (litteral statement?)
I know everyone is not fortunate enough to have a "Discount Tire" franchise
in their area, but if you do, you need to use them.  Fortunately for us in
north Texas, we have a dealer who sponsors some of our events, providing
freebies for banquets, along with tires for year end awards, etc.  If you
buy your race tires from them, and they can get you any tire you want, they
mount them free, balance them at a discount if you want.  But if you want
the tires flipped on the wheels, 5 bucks is standard, or you bring in a tire
purchased elsewhere, 5 bucks is the standard R&R price per tire. Sounds like
a worthwhile effort, if you have them in your area, to get aquainted and
steer some business their way.  If I had to pay an additional 20 bucks per
tire, just for mounting, especially going through 3 or 4 sets per season,
that nearly adds up to another set of tires.

Phil O.