Re: Coolant?

To: lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Coolant?
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:55:13 -0600
Larry,
when you state PG isn't as efficient as EG, do you mean in terms of
boilover protection, freeze protection, heat transfer or something else?
I'm considering migrating over to PG but not if it means giving up
boilover or heat transfer properties.
thanks
Dave Yeung
Houston Region (never seen negative temps here by the coast)

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:28:47 -0500 "Larry Steckel"
<lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com> writes:
>The "environmentally safe" antifreeze uses propylene glycol instead of
>
>ethylene glycol.  The EPA rates the propylene stuff as "non toxic."
>Antifreeze of this type uses a specific add pack that will mix with
>the PG.
>However, it isn't as efficient as the EG varieties.
>
>Larry.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!