Re: Coolant?

To: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:36:47 -0600
>Also be aware that the pre-mixed antifreeze brands can vary. Most are mixed
>50%/50% to achieve a -34F freeze rating. I have seen others that were mixed
>to -20F and some to 0F freeze ratings.  Make sure you know what you are
>buying.
>
>Larry Steckel
============================
WHOOOOOOAAA there big fella.

You mean to tell me that some coolants are already pre-diluted to the
desired 50/50 mix?  Or that they may require different coolant/water mixture
percentages to achieve their peak efficiency?

Here I was all these years, blindly pouring in a gallon of the green stuff
and then refilling that empty container with water and pouring in that
gallon as well.  Damn, I really DO need to read the labels more closely.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T  (4 door)
<eric10mm@qni.com>