Re: Coolant?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coolant?
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:52:56 EST
Mark,

I agree with the suggestion for an oil cooler.  From a technical
aspect, oil acts not just as a lubricant, but also as a coolant.  For
supposedly "air cooled" engines like Porsche, VW, and Corvair,
oil takes a much higher percentage of the cooling load than it does
in "water cooled" engines.

Depending on what you use to tow with... There may be radiator options
that you could investigate.  Some vehicles had HD setups available that
can be bought aftermarket from the local autoparts store.  Another
possibility is getting a local radiator shop to install a thicker (more rows
of capillary tubes) core between your end tanks.  I would expect a complete
custom radiator to cost the most...

The quantity of water in the system is a critical factor in obtaining
sufficient
thermal transfer.  A larger capacity radiator will help a lot.

Alan Sheidler
(Former Big Block Chevy Chevelle owner)