Re: Eastern USA?

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Eastern USA?
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:13:04 -0500
<<<I've heard Floyd Bennett (sp?) on LI is huge (national size).  I heard it
was
autoxed decades ago but the connection was lost.  There is a MGA club that
is
still allowed to use this sight because someone knows someone.  Is there an
eastern autoxer with military ties listening?  >>>

Floyd Bennett Field is now owned by NYC not the military. It is used as a
base for their helicopters as well as used for their vehicle training. I'd
guess they would be unreceptive on a number of grounds and I bet you would
have to contend with weeds growing in the gaps between concrete blocks. You
would probably have better luck talking Nassau Coliseum into removing the
curbing between the two big lots so you could combine them for enough room
for a Pro Solo course. Whatever happened to the Drop Zone?

Paul Foster