Re: Eastern USA?

To: mattm@optonline.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Eastern USA?
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 05:30:17
"Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net> wrote:

>The Meadowlands would be a nice place for a Pro Solo. Close to
>the number one television market (sorry west coasters, LA is
>number 2). A chance to meet Jimmy Hoffa, too. He's somewhere in
>the complex. :^)

Speaking unofficially as the person behind pushing NYR/NNJR
to try and bid for the former Harrisburg ProSolo all fall,
The Meadowlands was crossed off of our potential site list
due to cost.  There's just no way to make it work for a 3-day
weekend at a price that the SCCA can afford.  If you take
a look at the only autocrosses that run there (M-Club), just
ask yourself why they're charging $35/$50 for a daily
autocross entry.

Then, there's the issue of expen$ive hotel costs that close
to the #1 television market, and NJ's strange state laws
about motorsports competitions.  (Hosting clubs must have
a state license, have a licensed EMT on duty at the site,
and are operated under the watchful eye of the NJ State
Police's motorsports task force.)  Not things that
can't be overcome, but more nuisance hurdles and expenses
to be dealt with.....

-Arthur ("Over 100 drivers needed just to pay for the site" edition.)