Re: Video camera for autox?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Video camera for autox?
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 21:34:38 -0500
Mark J. Andy wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Anyone got any recomendations for a video camera primarily for autox use?

Too bad you didn't get a chance to see my in car images.  I use a
standard Sony HandiCam with a flip screen. (The flip screen is helpfull
because you can look over your shoulder to see the shot you are
getting.)  No need for any wide angle lenses. It has steady shot, but it
is not really needed.  The mounting is what is important.  I use a
tripod with two feet in the read floor, and one on the rear seat.
Secure it with 4 thin rope ratchets, fore, aft, side to side, and you
have a solid vibration free mount that sets up in 3 minutes.  Locating
it behind your right shoulder gives you an excellent view out almost the
entire width of the windshield, and also lets you see your hands on the
wheel.  Optional and highly recommended is a remote microphone.  Hang it
out back near the exhaust and you can really hear your throttle work.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese