Re: Yokohama A032 tires?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yokohama A032 tires?
From: "Mari L. Clements" <mlc4@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 10:04:59 -0400
A (semi-former) import drag racer wrote:
>I'm talking about for the average drag
>racer.  You go out to a race to show off your car, brag about how fast it
>is, pick up on women and look at other cars.  The racing is just a side
>attraction.

O.K., let's see.
1)  Showing off your car.  I think my car is beautiful--although the race
tires are throwing enough rocks up to be noticeable ) :  My car is also
visually completely as Toyota made it (you have to take off the little
rubber boots to see that there are GAB's under there, we modified the
*stock* front swaybar, and the front camber & caster and rear toe are sort
of subtle), so I doubt too many folks would be impressed.
2)  Brag about how fast it is.  130hp isn't too impressive on a dragstrip.
3)  Pick up women.  I don't think so.
4)  Look at other cars.  I can do *that* at an autocross.
Drat.  I guess I won't be taking up drag racing after all ) :

mlc
'91 MR2 NA