Re: Yokohama A032 tires?

To: Loren@kscable.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yokohama A032 tires?
From: Alex Muresan <alex_inc@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 21:12:42 PDT
I would recommend the A032R for you because I think that they'll fit your
needs perfectly.  I know someone who used them for the street and  for
autocross and he was happy with them, in part because you don't have to
change your tires at every event.  Anyway, they lasted for a little over 7K
miles.

I autocrossed on a set of 205/50-15 A032Rs for over 25 events plus lots of
fun runs last year and I really liked them.  I still use them now for some
regional events.  They are 1 to 1.5 seconds slower on a course than the
225/50-15 g-force R1s I'm using this year(don't forget the R1s are 225s).  I
think that the A032Rs are great because they last so long and you can get a
lot of seat time out of these tires before they wear out.  They are also
good because they start squealing a little when you are right at the limit.
So if you can get them to squeal throughout the whole turn, you know you're
driving on the limit.

Hope this helped

Alex Muresan
#81 GS